First time here? Maybe read the FAQ.
Is this custom-drawn or a typeface? Is there a typeface that is similar? Thank you!
asked by (101 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi Linda. As you suggest, I believe this is lettering, not type. Note that each letter is unique. The two Rs in particular are quite different. If you want to emulate this style, I recommend hiring a lettering artist. But if you must use a font, I can help you find something similar. Are you most interested in something with these lettershapes, or is it the shadow effect that is more important?

answered by Expert (4k points)
Thanks so much, Stephen. I am interested in something similar to these letterforms, and am less concerned about the shadow since that's something I can render.

Right now, as a placeholder, I am using Gill Kayo Condensed because it has a similar overall heft, but the letterforms aren't similar at all.

Here are a few to check out: