First time here? Maybe read the FAQ.
Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 10.58.53 AM.png
asked by (118 points)
edited by

1 Answer

+1 vote
It looks like a font called Claw Clarendon Condensed.  I typed it in in that font on my computer and it matched really well, although I think the 'W' is condensed more than the other letters and the 'S' looks to be upside down.
answered by (103 points)

Good answer. This is probably done way before the digital era and used printer’s type as a model, but not directly. Who offers the Condensed style in a digital font? I know only of Wooden Type Fonts’ version, and it only has Regular, Bold, and Expanded styles.

Here’s a sample of the metal version, btw:

And another.