First time here? Maybe read the FAQ.

30s/40s deco eaglefeather-esque

Screen Shot 2016-06-05 at 9.20.59 PM.png
This may be handdrawn. What are these style "S"s called?
asked by heffron (110 points) Jun 6, 2016

1 Answer

+2 votes
Best answer

Yes, this is lettering, not type. I don’t know a commonly used term for this form of ‘S’, other than to describe it as an Art Deco, diagonal ‘S’. See also Mostra Nuova which has this ‘S’ as an alt.


answered by Stewf Expert (3,400 points) Jun 8, 2016
selected by Stewf Aug 20, 2016