First time here? Maybe read the FAQ.

Roman Cieslewicz — Hitchcock Vertigo poster (1963)

Can anyone identify the condensed Clarendon-ish type for "HITCHCOCKA"? I'm in love with that K.

(Or is it just a frankenstein letter, composed of the top of a K and bottom of an R?)
asked by bshaykin Sep 24, 2018

1 Answer

+1 vote

I think you hit on it. From what little I know about the designer, he had an appreciation of wood type, and AWT Page Ionic Condensed is very similar to your sample (save for the K).

Monotype Ionic, if you condense it and edit the K, gets you close.

Steve Jackaman’s Consort is also very similar (and already condensed).

answered by kthomps5 Expert (2,426 points) Sep 25, 2018