First time here? Maybe read the FAQ.
Looks a bit like Lettera, but rounded. What could it be?
asked by (101 points)
Do you know the size of the package? It might help to know how big this type (metal or film) is.

1 Answer

0 votes

The rounded effect may be a by-product of the printing process. Packaging, especially on corrugated cardboard, is most often printed using flexography, which employs plastic (not metal) printing plates. It transfers the ink more gently and without the compression of the printing surface that you would get with traditional a offset press. It may also be silkscreen printed, given the simplicity of the design.

Seems to be some variation of Helvetica, though quite a match to any digital version I can find.

Neue Haas Grotesk is similar.

answered by Expert (3.7k points)